African American Art

Aug 29, 2010

Marvin Gaye Portrait Art- Black art

 

Marvin Gaye Portrait Art- Black Art

This is number three of my "Music Artists Series I (2009). This one is of the legendary Marvin Gaye. I decided to do something different with this one. I wanted to capture one of his unique yet soulful moments. If many of you did not know, Marvin Gaye was not only an incredible balladeer of the 1970's soul music era, but he was very much into the style and image of the times as well.

He dressed in suits but many of us remember the days of his wearing of the knit tam hats, dashikis and crazy cute platform shoes. The knit tam hats represented black pride just as the dashikis did, but the platform shoes represent a period in the 1970's disco era. Marvin Gaye could sing his way into your heart and have you rolling on the floor with is big silver, long laced platform shoes. He was a stylish crooner of his own right.

So, I think I captured one of those really cool '70's images that he so loved to show off.


Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

Resources: black art, african american art, black artists, african american artists, american art, fine arts.

No comments: